Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pre-Post Blog Post

Happy... Saturday!

I'm already failing at keeping up with my goal of getting a post out every Friday. It's Saturday morning, and I want to say I was productive last night, but in all honesty I was at Target picking up things I probably didn't need but tricked my mind into thinking I needed, drinking Irvine's quality boba tea, and trying to make a dance resume look like a regular resume for a summer job I'm applying for. Resume Help would be lovely.

I DID start a post though that was to be queued for Friday-- but hey I didn't finish that either! I'll try and get that done so I can post it as a belated Friday post... or it might just sit in my "Saved Drafts" folder for a while.

Anyways, I'm off to San Diego to visit and watch my lovely cast from Billy Elliot. It's a nice day, I'm sure it'll be a nice weekend, and I'm happy to spend some time with them again. I'll probably blog about it.

May the 4th be with you!


WAIT, quick little story about National Star Wars Day:

When I was in middle school, my friend Sam and I were absolutely obsessed with Star Wars that we wanted to create a day to appreciate and express our nerd love for it. We picked May 31st as our "national Star Wars Day." Not sure why, but I'm thinking it's because it was after my brothers birthday and we were planning on doing a Star Wars marathon or something of the sort on that day. So for a while we celebrated May 31st as national Star Wars Day until we were told that there was an actual National Star Wars Day (May 4th). I remember being really bummed out because we both thought we were super duper original with our idea for national Star Wars day, but when we heard the pun "May the 4th be with you," we laughed at the brilliance of the pun and accepted it then thought "why we didn't think of that?". Let's face it, it's a terribly good pun. :D

Anyways, with that said, Happy National Star Wars Day! and in case you missed it, you can always celebrate it on the 31st!


No comments:

Post a Comment