Sunday, June 23, 2013

Start of Summer!

Hi internet & Happy Saturday!

It's been a whirlwind in the past two weeks which explains my absence from writing a post. I've been dealing with finals (which went fairly well by the way), apartment stuff, transportation stuff, summer job stuff, and a bunch of other stuff. Yes, I'm aware that I used stuff three times in the past sentence. So, let's recap:

My last week of UCI spring quarter was a string of events: finals, studying, graduation parties, and too much coffee for my own good. My finals ended up turning out really well! all the studying was worth it in the end. I'm just really glad I don't have to read another 75 page article for womens studies again or learn about synapses in the brain....
Finals Week also meant Graduation week for a lot of the seniors! It was really sad having to say goodbye to some of my senior pals. We had a couple nice graduation parties to send them off on their way. 


 Literally right after my last final, I had to pack up everything and head back home to the bay area because I had a full weekend ahead of me! I had to get my CPR and First Aid Certification on Saturday before my staff orientation for my summer job which was on Sunday. Which by the way, I am very proud to state that I am now First Aid and CPR Certified! It's a good feeling being able to say that you are officially certified to help save lives :) 

And now that brings me to the start of the week: My first summer job as a camp counselor! It was a hectic first day for me, but it definitely smoothed out over the week. I get to huddle up with 3rd graders-- which seem to be the biggest grade on the field to me. A little overwhelming at first but again, with time it started to get easier and easier and I'm definitely learning a lot from the kids and my co-workers! I am also in the dance studio every day, which is definitely the time of the day that I look forward to the most. Being a dancer, a studio is a second home. It's my place where I can unwind from the stress and craziness for about 2 hours and just enjoy dancing. I love seeing the variety of kids come in and seeing how they move to different music. I've been playing some obvious Top 40 hits (One Direction, Carly Rae Jepsen, Justin Bieber) but after a while when it gets old I would play some oldies like Michael Jackson or the Beatles. I love that even old classics like Billie Jean or I want to hold your hand are still songs that kids are familiar with. Parenting: you're doing it right. ;) 

Fast Forwarding to today: it's officially my first day of nothing since the week before finals! I didn't do too much today-- just went to the mall, and watched a couple episodes of Doctor Who with my little brother. It just felt nice to breathe and not do anything since the past two weeks have been a bit hectic for me. It feels absolutely amazing to have completed a week of my summer job and I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of the summer!! 

With that, I'm leaving you with my current summer jam:
You're lying if you're not feeling an itch to move your body to this song

No comments:

Post a Comment