Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 2 update

Hello!
Just a quick little update before I head to sleep.
A few things:
I had another great week with Steve and Kate's Camp! My staff and I had an awesome little BBQ where we played on the huge inflatable obstacle course and ty-dyed our work shirts... I had loads of fun bonding with my staff-- They're a really great group of people.

SO happy to hear about DOMA being shut down -- I fully believe that everyone should have the freedom to love and marry whomever they choose no matter what sexual orientation they are. This incredible step towards marriage equality has affected so many people that are very dear to my heart, and I know that a lot of us are spreading our love and pride as we celebrate this week. Love is Love, and I support Love-- all sorts of it. So glad that we're taking a huge step in the right direction. Cheers to Change and Marriage Equality in California :) Let's keep walking in this direction, America!

I got to help out at my old Dance Studio's (Shely Pack Dancers) recital this weekend. I had the handy dandy job of pulling the curtains for the show ;) Got to watch some of my old petite-ers perform and they have improved so much... not sure if I can call them my little petite-ers anymore! also got to watch my brother and the senior company perform some numbers. There were a couple songs that I used to dance to, so it was a bit of a flashback for me.

I also saw This is The End with my older brother last night, and I thought it was hilarious! It's funny because they definitely give audiences what they want to see-- Celebrities playing themselves and facing something stupid ridiculous like the Apocalypse. It's definitely one of those raunchy, vulgar, Pineapple Express kind of comedies- which I'm very indifferent about. I don't love em, but I don't hate em either. It's a movie that I probably wouldn't voluntarily watch on my own, so theres that. But I really love James Franco, Jay Burachel and Seth Rogen in it! They were so so SO funny.
Here's the trailer:


Shoutout to Michael Cera for playing "himself" aka probably the most diverse role you will ever see Michael Cera play in films.



Wish I went to pride today, but alas, several issues arose... Oh Life. Thanks for always throwing curveballs at my face! 
Alrighty, I'm out. Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment