Friday, April 26, 2013

Pilot Blog

Happy Friday!

So I've recently decided to start up a blog again... Maybe it's because I'm back in school again and feel the need to start writing more, or maybe it's just because I want a place to record some thoughts of mine and get some feedback... who knows, but this blog was created spontaneously with both of those intentions.
I'm guessing the majority of people who are reading this know me, but in the off chance that someone just somehow stumbled upon this blog, I will give a brief description of myself...

My name's Lexi, my last name is Friday in Spanish, and I tentatively (tentatively being the key word here) plan on posting something every Friday hence the title "Ramblings from a Friday.
Anyways, I am currently 20 years old and am a student at the University of California, Irvine, graduating class of (hopefully) 2014. I am a dance major with a psych minor, though that is probably going to change. I was previously an actor in the National Touring Company of Billy Elliotwhere I performed as a Ballet Girl in the ensemble for a little over a year. It was an incredible journey, and I was able to perform with my younger brother, JP(who played the role of Billy) for about four months.

Like the title says, this blog is simply ramblings that come across my mind that I feel like sharing with family, friends, and just people on the internet. I am a huge fan of pop culture, so you'll definitely see a lot of ramblings dedicated to television shows, bands, concerts, shows, trends, celebrities and other random sorts. I'm not new to the blogging community, in fact I used to keep one back in high school where I recorded mainly my concert experiences, so this is simply another online journal for me. I also recently joined an online collegiate magazine called Her Campus and will be writing for them as the quarter continues on. I'm really excited about it because I've always had an interest in writing, so it'll be a cool little hobby to have on the side. I'll definitely post a link to my first article... which I'm not entirely sure what I'll write about yet! :D


On another note, I'm not sure what to ramble about since currently my brain feels like mush from all the reading I've done this week....

Actually, can we talk about how GOOD it felt to take lyrical contemporary dance class today? It's been years (literally) since I've taken a lyrical class and it just felt so good to "live" it in class. It's interesting how little things like taking a really great class (even though it exhausted you to the point where you're currently icing multiple parts of your body as a result) can really make you feel so refreshed and alive. Amazing.

And on another, slightly more negative, note:

Dear girl on bicycle who almost ran me over,
There is a reason why you have a ringer on your bicycle-- Please kindly use it to warn those in front of you that you are biking behind them, that way you can avoid a collision. And if you do happen to accidentally collide with the person in front of you even if you are perfectly capable of using that ringer, a proper apology is always courtesy. For all I know, your ringer may have not been working... in that case, maybe think about getting that fixed or just give a little heads up to the people in front of you that you're coming through.

From,
Girl who almost got run over by Girl on Bicycle



2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Lexi! I think of myself as a fairly smart guy, so it came as a disgusting shock when you told me why your last name is Friday. I took 7 years of Spanish and never made that connection!!! UGH!!! =)

    Looking forward to reading anything and everything you write here. Are you on Deviant Art too? Cool community if you haven't tried it out yet.

    Wishing you all the best,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean!
      Thanks for taking a look at my blog :D Yup! That's why my main name on a lot of social networking sites is "LexiFriday." I like that it's still my first and last name, but doesn't sound as formal as "Lexi Viernes."
      As for Deviant Art... I've never made an account or got involved with it, but I have heard of it. It sounds like a community for mainly visual/graphic design artists though and I can not draw to save my life... Stick figures it is for me! haha

      Hope you are doing well.

      Delete