Thursday, February 13, 2014

ooh SO lush-- Brazened Honey Face Mask

Hi internet.
It's been an incredibly stressful week trying to balance midterms and my schools dance concert... But I'm making it through!
I just wanted to do a quick update on this blog with one of the products I've been using recently! 

I went to Lush a few weeks ago and made one of my first purchases-- Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask. 

It's one of the best purchases I made that day! Because of the stress of midterms and dance concert happening all at once this week, my skin hasn't been doing too well-- and the makeup from the shows isn't doing much to help... But I've been using this face mask for the past couple nights after getting done with my dance show and it literally makes my skin glow and feel brand new.

Since this face mask is primarily for those with oily skin and my skin has recently been oily due to the stress, I opted for this face mask. 

What I've been doing: 
After I wash my makeup off from the show, I get this little guy out of the fridge. 
Then I proceed to lather it all over my face-- but not overdoing it as I want to save some of the mask for later use. 
I usually let it sit on my face until the mask slightly hardens before washing it off. You can really feel a slight tingle in your face, which is obviously the exfoliators doing their work. Once it hardens, I usually wash it off with warm water and towel dry. However, what I've been doing the past couple nights to save time is jumping into the shower when it's time for me to wash it off. 
Then to complete the night, I put on some facial toner (I use Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner) to finish tightening my pores and then moisturize my face with night cream (Elizabeth Arden's Good Night Sleep Restoring Cream). Voila! Afterwards, my skin feels nice and replenished, ready for the next day :) 

My only concern is that since Lush is so fresh and organic, their face masks have an expiration date. It's a bit unfortunate because I feel pressured to use the face mask more often that I normally would just so that I could make use of the entire container. But in a way, it's good because my skin is already looking better. 

That's all! This isn't a normal update, but I am just in love with this product and wanted to share it!  Hope everyone has a nice end of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment